Daniel D. Moody, J.D., B.C.S.
Daniel D. Moody has an established reputation as a highly successful trial lawyer representing the injured in personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout Central Florida, including Bartow, Winter Haven, Haines City and Lakeland, FL. Mr. Moody is board certified by the Florida Bar as a Civil Trial Specialist or Expert. This board certification by The Florida Bar recognizes Mr. Moody's special knowledge, skill and proficiency as a civil trial lawyer and his professionalism and ethics. Less than two percent of Florida lawyers are board certified as Civil Trial Specialists.
While in law school he served as a United States Federal District Court Law Clerk and won the prestigious Finalist Advocate Award in the James O'Haley Federal Court Senior Trial Competitions.
Further, the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating service used by attorneys and consumers for selection of legal services has given Mr. Moody an AV-Preeminent Rating. The AV rating represents the highest level of professional excellence. He has also been selected as one of the National Top 100 Trial Lawyers and is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. In addition, Mr. Moody is an Elite Lawyer of America, which is limited to civil trial lawyers who have obtained a verdict or settlement of at least two million dollars. Fewer than one percent of U.S. lawyers are members.
He has the experience and a thorough understanding of the law involving commercial truck accidents, automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, aviation crashes, and product liability cases. Many of his cases have involved complex litigation associated with catastrophic brain injury, infant birth injury, Federal Motor Carriers, industrial accidents, aviation disasters and train motor vehicle accidents.
Multi-Million Dollar Settlements
Mr. Moody's commitment to his clients and his strong advocacy skills have resulted in multi-million dollar awards and settlements, including one case reported to be the largest award ($5.6 million) in the history of Polk County, Florida. In 2012 alone, Moody Law obtained settlement awards in two different medical malpractice cases of $3,050,000.00 and $9,500,000.00 totaling $12,550,000.00. Importantly, Mr. Moody's has extensive experience litigating against large corporations and insurance companies.
A Personal Understanding of Injury Cases
Mr. Moody knows firsthand and personally how devastating a personal injury can be. In May of 2006, he was seriously injured in an automobile accident that almost took his life. For this accident, Mr. Moody had multiple medical procedures and spent months in the hospital, with long rehabilitation. This experience gives him a unique personal understanding of the medical care and treatment involving personal injury that truly distinguishes him from other lawyers.
A Fifth-Generation Polk County Resident
Mr. Moody is a native and fifth-generation Polk County resident with strong family ties to the local community. In 1957 he was born the New Year Baby in Winter Haven, Florida. He earned his undergraduate degrees at Florida Southern College and Miami-Dade Community College. Mr. Moody’s degrees include a Bachelor of Science/Marketing/Business Administration and an Associate of Science/Arts. In college, Mr. Moody completed courses in medical terminology, human anatomy, physiology, microbiology, and chemistry. This science education background has provided Mr. Moody with added knowledge necessary to win for his clients in medical malpractice and personal injury cases.
In 2012 alone, Moody Law obtained settlement awards in two different medical malpractice cases of $3,050,000.00 and $9,500,000.00
Law Credentials and Early Legal Work
Mr. Moody received his Juris Doctorate from the Cumberland School of Law, Samford University in 1985. While in law school he served as a United States Federal District Court Law Clerk and won the prestigious Finalist Advocate Award in the James O'Haley Federal Court Senior Trial Competitions.
After graduating and returning home from law school, Mr. Moody began presenting cases to juries as an Assistant State Attorney. He then joined a prominent law firm in Gainesville, Florida, and primarily limiting his representation to clients injured as a result of medical malpractice. In 1991 he established his own law firm named the Law Offices of Daniel D. Moody and in 1993 he was a founding partner in the law firm of Pansler and Moody, P.A. Thereafter, in 2006 he established Moody Law, P.A.
Pilot Experience Proves Invaluable in Aviation Cases
Mr. Moody is an instrument rated private pilot and avid aviator. As a result, aviation has become an integral part of his legal practice. His aviation experience and training gives Mr. Moody special knowledge regarding aviation cases and crash investigation that non-pilot attorneys do not have. For example, Mr. Moody’s flying hours and aviation experience gives him special insight, knowledge and understanding of the operations, mechanics, and physics of flight. This foundation underlies basic understanding of accident investigations that carry over into many other accident investigation cases.
Mr. Moody is an instrument rated private pilot and avid aviator.
As an active aircraft owner and pilot, Mr. Moody has accumulated thousands of hours of flight time, much of which was compiled during flights to court, depositions, client/witness conferences, and legal education courses. Therefore, Mr. Moody and his staff can save time by efficiently traveling across the country for clients and business matters. If you are looking for an experienced aviation attorney to represent you in an aviation crash case, or for other questions on aspects of FAA regulations and airmen operations, please consider Moody Law, P.A.
Personal Life and Community Involvement
Mr. Moody is married and has two children. His wife, Nancy, is a Physician Assistant, who graduated from the Physician Assistant program at the University of Florida, School of Medicine. His daughter Mallory Moody Putnam is also a graduate of the University of Florida and an ER Physician Assistant. His son, Andrew (Drew) Moody, is a third year law student at the University of Florida College of Law.
Church and community involvement have always been part of Mr. Moody's life. Mr. Moody has served in leadership positions in public, civic and professional organizations. He is a past president of Bartow Lions Club International and was a youth football coach. Currently, he serves on the Lakeland Sun 'N' Fun Chairman Advisory Board.
Meet with Daniel Moody to Discuss Your Case
When you trust your case to Mr. Moody, you can feel confident that you will receive personalized attention and the utmost consideration. To set up a consultation to discuss your case, please contact us online or call us at (877) 883-9090.
- Admitted to the Florida Bar in 1985.
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a Civil Trial Specialist.
- Admitted, ALL Florida State Courts.
- Admitted, Federal District Court, Middle District of Florida.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence from Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Graduated with Honors of Dean's List, Birmingham, Alabama in 1985.
- Finalist Award Recipient - 1985 Jefferson County Senior Court Competitions.
- Federal U.S. District Court Clerkship in 1984-85 in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business from Florida Southern College in 1980.
- Associate of Science and Arts with Mortuary Science Degrees, Miami-Dade Community College in 1978.
- 1975 Graduate of Fort Meade High School.
- Senior Class President.
- American Legion Boy State Representative.
- Recipient of Martindale-Hubbell's AV Preeminent Rating-voted by members of the bar and judiciary for the highest level of professional excellence.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Membership.
- Best Attorneys of America, Rue Ratings’ Lifetime Membership.
- Best Trial 100 Lawyers in America.
- Elite Lawyers of America Membership.
- Florida Bar.
- Licensed FAA Private Aviation Pilot with Instrument Rating.
- Former Licensed Florida Funeral Director.
- Former Licensed Florida Real Estate Agent.
- Eagle Member, Florida Justice Association.
- Member, American Association for Justice.
- Member, Polk County Trial Lawyers Association.
- Member, Lakeland Bar Association.
- Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Program Member.
- Member, Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group, AAJ.
- Member, Tiger Bay Club of Polk County.
- Member, First Presbyterian Church, Winter Haven, Florida.
- Member, Sun-N-Fun Chairman Advisory Board.
- Member, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA).
- Member, Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA).
- Past President and Director of Lions Club International, Bartow, Florida.
- Founder, Law Firm of Moody Law, P.A. – current.
- Founder, Law Firm of Pansler and Moody, P.A. – 1993.
- Founder, Law Offices of Daniel D. Moody, P.A., 1991.
- Former Attorney, Law Firm of Clayton, Johnston, Quincey, Ireland, Gadd, Smith, & Roundtree, Gainesville, Florida.
- Former Assistant City Attorney, City of Ft. Meade, Florida.
- Former Assistant State Attorney, State Attorney's Office, 10th Judicial Circuit.
Recent Programs/Continuing Education:
- Advanced Medical Malpractice-Florida Bar.
- Program Moderator for the Civil Court Judicial Forum (What Civil Court Judges Want to Know).
- How to Win Trucking Cases, Las Vegas, NV.
- Litigating Traumatic Brain Injury(TBI) Cases-AAJ- Miami, FL.
- Medical Malpractice Seminar-FJA-Orlando, FL.
- Advanced Trial Advocacy-Florida Bar-Gainesville, FL.
- Advanced Trial Skills-Florida Bar.
- Advanced Evidence-Florida Bar-Orlando, FL.
- Legislative Changes Seminar-2014.
- Civil Trial Certification Review-Florida Bar.
- Workhorse Seminar-FJA.