D. Michael Campbell, J.D.
D. Michael Campbell was admitted to practice law in Florida in 1987. He earned his law degree from the University of Miami and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois.
Mr. Campbell is admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and all state courts of Florida. He is a member of the Florida Trial Lawyers Association, American Bar Association and Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
After serving as General Counsel and later, Vice President for the Haverfield Corporation, an international electrical contractor based in Miami, Florida, from 1989-1993, Mr. Campbell founded Campbell & Associates in 1993, where he focused his practice in the representation of consumers in both state and federal class actions. Mr. Campbell practiced in Miami until June 2003 when he relocated to Central Florida and city of Winter Haven.
In late 2019, Mr. Campbell joined his good friend, Dan Moody, of Moody Law, in an of-counsel capacity where he continues his representation of consumers in both state and federal class and mass actions.
Mr. Campbell is committed to dedicating personal attention and commitment to each of his individual clients as well class members. Mr. Campbell has fought for his clients by serving as counsel in a wide variety of civil litigation cases, including consumer class action and agricultural mass tort litigation, as well as personal injury and wrongful death cases. No client or case is too small to go unnoticed or too large to be professionally handled. He has represented clients in actions against billion dollar corporations as well as against an unscrupulous used car dealer. Throughout the years, Mr. Campbell has exhibited the willingness and desire to assist his clients against those who have caused them harm.
Examples of Mr. Campbell’s cases include the following:
- Collateral Protection Insurance - Counsel for plaintiffs in numerous national class action suits against lenders and insurance companies regarding excessive premium charges. - Settled.
- Defective Auto Paint - Counsel for plaintiffs in several national class action suits against major auto manufacturers regarding defective paint finishes.
- Bedliners - Counsel for plaintiffs in several national class action suits against pick-up truck bedliner manufacturers regarding defective/hazardous bedliners installed in millions of vehicles throughout the United States.
- Automobile Insurance Fraud - Counsel for plaintiffs in several statewide and national class action suits against major automobile insurance companies for various contractual breaches and fraudulent activities.
- Polybutlene Plumbing System - Counsel for 55,000 individual plaintiffs in a mass action suit against a major plumbing pipe manufacturer for damages after potable water pipes deteriorated and leaked, causing major damage to plaintiffs’ residences.
- Wireless Communication - Counsel for plaintiffs in statewide class action suit against a major communication provider regarding plaintiff’s inability to use the advertised feature of defendants product due to congestion on the communication system.
- Cruise Line - Counsel for plaintiffs in class action suit against a major cruise line regarding the unacceptable changes to the published itenery due to concealed mechanical breakdown.
- Diet Drug Litigation – Counsel for individual plaintiffs in suit against major pharmaceutical manufacturer regarding injuries caused plaintiffs use of diet drugs (Fen-Phen), specifically, heart value damage.
- Ford Rollover Cases – Counsel for invidual plaintiffs who sustained serious injuries in Ford Explorer rollover accidents.
- Asbestos Exposure – Counsel for individual plaintiffs in claims against manufacturers of products containing asbestos that resulted in the development of mesothelioma lung cancer.
- Agricultural Fungicide – Counsel for individual plaintiffs in claims against the manufacturer of a fungicide that caused damage to their ornamental crops.
- Agricultural – Counsel for individual plaintiffs in claims against the manufacturer of potting soil that caused damage to their ornamental crops.
- The Florida Supreme Court
- United States District Court - Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- Florida Court of Appeals – 11 th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court – Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Michigan
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF LAW, Coral Gables, Florida
Juris Doctor Degree
- UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, Urbana, Illinois
B.A. - Speech Communications.
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Bar Association
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
Previous Legal Experience:
- Campbell Law 1993 – current.
- 1989-1993 HAVERFIELD CORPORATION, Miami, Florida – Aviation Based
Electrical Contractor - Vice President & Corporate Counsel
- 1986-1989 JARVIS & SIBONI, Miami, Florida – Aviation Litigation/Transactional
Practice - Partner (11/88-7/89) and Associate Attorney (6/86-11/88).
Notable Verdicts & Settlements:
- $1 Billion - Defective Plumbing System – Class Action Property Damage
- $300 Million - Defective Plumbing System – Mass Action Property Damage
- $5.8 Million - Cruise Line – Class Action Consumer Fraud
- $1.5 Million - Agricultural Fungicide – Mass Action Crop Damage/Loss
- $1.2 Million - Agricultural Media – Mass Action Crop Damage/Loss
- $8 Million - Collateral Protection Insurance – Class Action Consumer Fraud
- $5 Million - Defective Auto Paint – Class Action Consumer Fraud
- $12 Million - Defective Truck Bed Liners – Class Action Consumer Fraud
- Peer review rated “AV”