Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Over Prescription Errors
Medical malpractice is a serious problem, causing as many as 251,000 deaths in America every year. Thousands of others suffer harm, injuries, and long-term pain because of negligence and mistakes by medical professionals. The attorneys at Moody Law can help hold doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel accountable for their actions.
If you get a wrong prescription that causes you harm, you could have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit. Learn how lawyers serving the Lakeland and Winter Haven, FL, area can help you seek compensation for the injuries you sustained.
Examples of Prescription Errors
A prescription error can take any of the following forms:
- Prescribing the wrong medication to treat a medical condition
- Failure to check for potential allergies to a medication
- Failure to avoid contraindications with other medications a patient is taking
- Incorrect dosage that could affect health and wellness
- Poor instructions on when the medication should be taken or administered
- Errors at the pharmacy while filling a prescription
Why Do You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
When a medical provider prescribes the wrong medicine that ends up causing harm, they may be liable for damages related to the faulty prescription. However, you'll need to demonstrate that the doctor didn't do what another doctor would have responsibly done in the same situation. You'll also need to prove that the incorrect prescription was the actual cause of your harm. These can be very challenging.
These cases are complex from a proof standpoint. They often include the testimony of expert medical witnesses and the presentation of complicated medical evidence. That's why you need a professional medical malpractice lawyer in your corner.
How a Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Help
Our team of medical malpractice lawyers will not only help you understand the hurdles you'll need to overcome, but they will also fight for you in court and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Many clients choose us because of our reputation for success, personalized guidance and legal advice, and the highest AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell. We're also committed to advocating for our client's rights through trial by jury.
Medical malpractice lawyers from Moody Law can help prove negligence and get you compensation for losses. They will:
Build a Testimony
Our medical malpractice lawyers will build testimony that supports your case. They'll work with medical experts to create strong arguments for your claim.
Gather and Analyze Medical Records
The team will also gather information, including medical records, to understand what happened and what should have happened. They'll also perform depositions that they'll need should the case go to trial.
Set Up an Independent Medical Examiner (IMEs)
To get a better idea of what happened and the weight of the case, our lawyers will work with IMEs. An IME will provide a realistic look at how severe your case could be, thereby strengthening your argument.
This is perhaps the biggest hurdle that our team of medical malpractice lawyers will have to overcome. The whole point of a wrong prescription case is to prove that the sustained harm could have been avoided by the medical provider or hospital. Our lawyers will seek to prove:
- Duty – That you were under the doctor's or hospital's care and that the hospital or doctor was responsible for following medical standards and providing you with adequate care.
- Breach – That the medical provider failed to provide the required level of care.
- Causation – That the breach of duty was the cause of your harm.
- Damages – That your harm caused significant damage to you. This can be cost incurred for adapting to your injury, additional medical care, pain and suffering, and loss of income.
Represent You in Court
Most wrong prescription cases settle out of court. However, if you don't get adequate compensation, we might move to court. In this case, our lawyers will represent you in front of the jury or judge and help you get the compensation you deserve.
We Take Care of the Hard Work
Our lawyers will take care of all the hard work so you can focus on getting better. Send us a message online to schedule a consultation. You can also reach our office in Bartow by phone at (863) 733-9090, and our Lakeland office at (863) 284-9090.